Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Henday Zip Up Hoodie

The Henday Zip Up Hoodie by Gracious Threads is awesome! As soon as I saw this pattern, I knew the print I wanted to use. I was so thankful to be picked as a tester for it!


He LOVES it!!!!



 Henday has two versions. Version 1 features welt zipper pockets and hip length while Version 2 is a cropped length with a ribbed band. The pattern calls for an unlined hood, but I did line mine because my orange knit was thinner than the camo and I wanted the hood to block the cool autumn wind we get. 

 This is a great length on him. It's available in sizes 2T-12.

I've sewn many zippers but never a welt zipper, until now. It was completely painless and I LOVE the look! I lined the pockets with orange to match the hood and he's thrilled with that little touch. Another option I didn't add was a sleeve cuff.

 Some days he's a pain to photograph so I have to tease him. Then I get this attitude. LOL.

Even though the pattern has up to 3 zippers (depending on which version you choose), I would classify it as Intermediate. I love that I can use fleece for this pattern and am planning jackets for my daughters in fleece.

I would strongly encourage you to buy this pattern because it is a great hoodie/jacket pattern with lots of options. Can't sew? Contact me to make one for you! :)


2 comments:

  1. you did such a great job! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoyed testing this pattern for you! :)

      Delete